Sunday, January 1, 2012

David W. Mathisen is Graham Hancock's "Author of the Month" for January 2012



















This first month of the much-anticipated year 2012, your humble blog host and author of the Mathisen Corollary book is serving as the "Author of the Month" on Graham Hancock's website and associated messsage-board forum.

This is really a great honor and privilege for me, as I have tremendous respect for Mr. Hancock's work in exploring the evidence for an extremely advanced ancient civilization and in engaging millions of people around the world in the conversation surrounding this issue -- people who might otherwise have never learned of the incredible evidence that supports such a possibility.

In fact, reading Mr. Hancock's many books was responsible in no small part for my own interest in these subjects (although, as I have pointed out in some previous posts such as this one, this one, and this one, these are interests that have fascinated me all my life, since the days that I was getting reprimanded by my grade-school teachers for using up all the masking tape in the classroom to make little mummies out of popsicle sticks).

Mr. Hancock is the author of numerous indispensable books on important topics relating to lost civilizations, such as Fingerprints of the Gods, Keeper of Genesis (with Robert Bauval), and Underworld (among many others). He points out that he is not at all in agreement with some of the aspects of my work and the hydroplate theory in general, saying in his opening message:
There are elements of young-earth creationism in your work. For the record I do not myself ascribe to such notions and am quite happy with the idea of the earth being four and a half billion years old or thereabouts. I also have no doubt that evolution is a fact and am convinced that it has taken several billion years for life to evolve into the forms that we see it today on planet earth.
In spite of this, he is very gracious in opening his forum to other authors such as myself, in his words "to encourage constructive open-minded discussion on a wide range of issues," and I am very grateful for the opportunity to participate in such constructive and open-minded discussion with his "web family," so to speak, and am looking forward to a very interesting and engaging conversation over the upcoming month.

I would encourage all readers of the Mathisen Corollary blog to follow that discussion as well. Additionally, it is a terrific way to ask my any questions that you may have, and to get the perspective of other participants on the Graham Hancock message-board forum on your views!

To view the Author of the Month ("AoM") article that I prepared for Graham Hancock's website, follow this link to "Connecting a Global Flood with the Mystery of Mankind's Ancient Past."

The article itself is posted to the web in nine separate webpages (each one is pretty short), and you can click on each one at the bottom of the previous page, or use this quick menu for pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.

The AoM message board can be found here. In order to participate in the discussion, you'll have to set up a profile, if you don't have one on the Graham Hancock website already.

It has already been a very interesting first day on the discussion boards, and I'm really pleased at the level of the questions, the level of participation, and the spirit of the discussion.

It's going to be a very interesting month. Thanks to Graham Hancock and all the members of his forum for having me, and welcome to any visitors to this blog from his site who haven't been to the Mathisen Corollary before!